Friday 11 May 2012

Two Birthdays - 50th and 15th

Sarah's best friend Izzy had her 15th Birthday recently.  With no idea what to buy her Sarah suggested a chocolate bouquet but with Moam's as she knew Izzy loved them.  To make it a bit more interesting we incorporated a little teddy.  Had a slight mishap whilst sticking the sweets/chocs to the sticks.  After carefully attaching with hot glue I left them on the desk in my craft room to dry only to find, 20 minutes later - after making the box, that the sun had melted most of the chocolate bars into a mushy mess!! Oh no! Managed to salvage a few and topped up with extra sweets.  


On the same day, we had been invited to a 50th Birthday celebration for one of Hubby's colleagues.  With no real idea of what gift to get, thought I'd have another go at a "Sucks" novelty gift.  This time I used a "blackboard mug" instead of a box and filled it with 50 mini Chupa Chups.  Made a "50 sucks" topper with eCAL and Sizzix Eclips and spent ages attaching and curling ribbon to each of the lollies!  I was really pleased with the result and the recipient was delighted and it ended up being taken the italian restaurant with us all and used as a table centre piece!  It certainly attracted a bit of attention.
This was my second attempt at one of these - first one was for my cousin's 40th a couple of weeks ago.  Similar design buy using a box and normal sized lollies.


As a keen golfer I wanted to make a fun golf themed card.  The "what a swing" digi stamp came from Karen's Doodle and was coloured with copics. Papers were from a digi kit called "just my type" by Everyday Mom Ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment